Segment: Healthy Lawns
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep11
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 23rd November 2019
As we move into the summer months, lawns are just beginning to strut their stuff, and it’s important to make sure you’re taking proper care of them.
- Deep, less frequent watering encourages the roots to grown down deeper into the soil seeking out the water as it drains, creating a tougher, more drought resistant lawn.
- Regular mowing at the right height helps to create a lush, thick lawn. Never remove more than a third of the leaf, and mow once or twice a week in summer to get the beautiful velvet look.
- Feeding throughout the growing season ensures your lawn gets the nutrients it needs, and Powerfeed Lawnfeed has this covered.
- Not only does it have quick and slow release nutrients for a lush, healthy lawn, it’s boosted with seaweed to stimulate the root system and replace ugly patches within the lawn.
- Lawnfeed reduces stress from heat, frost, pests, disease and foot traffic.
- The folks at Powerfeed have managed to fuse a whole suite of beneficial soil microbes onto the granules. These are vital to soil health, improving structure and the availability of nutrients to your lawn.
- Apply to your lawn evenly, and water in well through the growing season.
- While it lasts up to 4 months, you may want to apply every 6 weeks to keep your lawn looking its very best.