Segment: Keeping Cool
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep11
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 23rd November 2019
A good irrigation system is the best way to keep your lawn happy and healthy during the hot summer months.
- There are four golden rules to a healthy lawn: fertiliser, regular cutting, weeding and watering.
- Sprinklers are not only cost effective, but are a great water saving option as well.
- The Holman Oscillator has a 360m2 rectangular spray pattern and an adjustable spray angle. You can also adjust the flow rate and gear driven movement, letting it reach all the areas of your lawn you want.
- If you are looking for a sprinkler with a circular coverage, the Turbine Powered Gear Drive is a great option. It has a 150m2 coverage and comes with an adjustable 360-degree coverage and gear driven slow movement.
- The 3-armed sprinkler is perfect for medium sized lawns, with a 110m2 full circle spray pattern. You can adjust both the spray angle and drop size by simply changing the rotor speed.
- The 360-degree spinner is perfect for smaller lawns. It is a great option if you live in windy areas, as it has high speed drops that are able to resist wind, and it disperses water over 75m2.
- The Large Shaker is another option for smaller lawns, designed to work with low pressure systems while still covering 75m2 with its large water droplets.
- All of these Holman sprinklers have a heavy-duty weighted base, so it won’t go flying around the garden when the tap is turned on. They all work with a 12mm garden hose, and there is no digging or plumbing required.