Segment: Retain It
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep10
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 23rd November 2019
If your veggie garden is getting pretty full, a raised garden bed might be a good option for you.
- The Whites 75mm option Retain-It system will allow you to create a 1.8m by 1.1m bed.
- The posts can be used in a joiner option or a 90-degree corner option to create a retaining wall or a neat veggie patch.
- The posts are made from tensile robust steel, meaning they have a long life.
- The retaining system doesn’t require any screws or nails – the sleepers simply slot into place.
- Once you’re happy with how the posts are looking, you can start adding your sleepers. Timber such as treated pine boards will work well, as they will last a long time.
- Once everything is nice and level, pour some quick setting concrete to lock everything into position.
- All that’s left to do is finish of the raised garden bed with some soil – then you can get to planting.