Segment: Screen Up
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep13
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 7th December 2019
You can build a complete privacy screen that spans longer distances without wall or post support: Screen Up from Whites anchors securely to the ground for a complete freestanding solution.
- Horizontal timber slat screens are a very stylish and natural looking way to solve fencing and privacy issues.
- Screen Up from Whites comes in a kit form with all the bits and pieces you need for every situation.
- Clamping, measuring, levelling and plumbing are critical and easily done with a tape measure and spirit level.
- Once the channels are fixed, slide in the spacers and slats until you get to the top and then place the capping piece on.
- The posts and channels are made from a strong and durable, long-life powder coated aluminium available in joiner and corner configurations up to 2m high.
- You can cut the posts with a hacksaw or grinder if need be.
- This DIY project is perfect for outdoor privacy like a shower screen or good for climbing plants in the garden.