Segment: Nuremberg Markets
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
TX Date: 4th April 2020
Nuremberg is one of the many stops on the Grand European Viking Cruise through Europe, and is home to a spectacular market site known for its array of beautiful plants.
- The Hauptmarkt is a large market square in the heart of Nuremberg. There are a number of fantastic markets held here throughout the year, including the annual Christkindlesmarkt.
- The Wochenmarkt is Nurembergs largest weekly market, with approximately 50 permanent registrations. It is a farmers market, and is the best place to go to pick up some fresh produce.
- The square is full of colourful market stands, contrasting beautifully with the Gothic Frauenkirche Church.
- The cushion bush, an Australian plant, is known for its white foliage.
- Winter sweet is an American plant. The highlight of this plant is its berries, with a beautiful range of reds, pinks and whites. It makes for a great indoor plant.
- The heath is a sensational, colourful plant. It makes a great indoor or outdoor feature, and can be manipulated to hold its colour all year.
- Baby blue is an Australian native a silver mountain eucalyptus. Its foliage is unusual, retaining it as it grows larger. It has a heavy level of oil in the foliage, with the heavy eucalyptus smell.
- The Wochenmarkt runs each week from Monday to Saturday, and is well worth a visit with the range of fresh produce and flowers on offer, you wont go home disappointed.