Springtime: The Lawn Awakens
Story: Springtime: The Lawn Awakens
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 5th September 2020
Winter dormancy is over, and now is the time to take action if you want the most from your lawn.
- Aerating your lawn will alleviate compacted areas, allowing air, water and nutrients to penetrate through to soil to the roots. A garden fork will do the trick, or you can hire a coring machine for larger areas.
- To keep your lawn clear of weeds, use Weed ‘n’ Feed Buffalo formula. This is a weed spray that is safe for all lawn types.
- Weed ‘n’ Feed is a selective herbicide that will kill bindi, clover, dandelion and a range of other broadleaf weeds.
- It has a fast-acting fertiliser that is absorbed and goes to work immediately, with the iron and nitrogen producing a rapid greening response.
- Weed, Feed and Green Up has only 0.7% phosphorous, which means it can be safely used anywhere in Australia without posing any risk to ground or surface water. The area is safe for children and pets once dry.
- In 2 to 3 weeks’ time, apply a controlled-release fertiliser like Scotts Lawn Builder. This will continuously feed your lawn over the course of 3 months.
- Scotts Lawn Builder will help thicken up and strengthen your lawn, making it better equipped for competing against weeds.
- The extreme green formula has a highly soluble iron and nitrogen that will green your lawn up in just three days.
For more information, head to