Garden Makeover 2
Story: Garden Makeover 2
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 31st October 2020
The Garden Gurus complete a stunning edible garden project in support of the Children’s Leukaemia & Cancer Research Foundation.
- The raised garden beds were built using heat-treated pine and Whites Retain-iT posts, making them quick and easy to put together.
- Soils Aint Soils supplied a great soil mix that contains all the nutrients and organics needed for the garden to thrive.
- A layer of mulch was spread over the top of the garden to help look after the plants and keep them nice and healthy through summer.
- Rema Stone provided some stunning pavers that were made in Italy and add a touch of class to the design.
- Tass1trees contributed an assortment of fruit trees to create a border around the garden.
- Most of these trees are deciduous, meaning they’ll allow sunlight and wind movement in through the winter and provide protection in the summer.
- There’s a variety of plants that have been used in the design, a lot of which have been grown by Swan Valley Nursery.
- The winner of this garden makeover, Karen Noble, works with children who have special needs.
- These children will be able to grow their own fresh produce and learn how to use it in cooking.
- Because the area is paved and the garden beds are raised and the area, children who use wheelchairs will be able to participate.
AS SEEN ON