Story: Australian Natives
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
Air Date: 20 March 2021
Bonnie shows us how to create a beautiful and wildlife-friendly garden using Australian Native plants.
- Banksia Praemorsa Yellow is a native shrub used for screening off areas or as a feature plant in your garden.
- In winter, the Banksia Praemorsa Yellow produces the most spectacular yellow flowers which attract many native bird species.
- Myoprum Parvifolium Pink is a great native sprawling plant that provides the ultimate groundcover to fill a large area in a short period.
- In spring and summer, Myoprum Parvifolium Pink will produce small petite blooms that decorate the green foliage.
- Correa Dusky Bells is a wonderful waterwise plant, that is extremely resilient and can be grown in the garden or pots.
- In late winter Correa Dusky Bells will begin to display small pink bell-shaped flowers which are great at attracting our native bees.
- Westringia Jervis Gem has lovely silver-green foliage and will produce lavender coloured blooms in winter and spot flowering in late spring.
- Grevillea Scarlet Sprite is an excellent repeat bloomer that produces red blooms for most of the year.
- Viewers of The Garden Gurus can get all 5 Australian Native plants for a saving of up to 30% off.
For more information, head to:
Garden Express Online Shop