Turning Your Garden Waste Into Gold
Story: Turning Your Garden Waste Into Gold
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 8 May 2021
A garden shredder will allow you to make use of your garden waste and give valuable nutrients, moisture and carbon back to your garden.
- Use a shredder to reduce the size of your garden waste before adding it to the compost heap. This will enable it to break down quicker.
- Oxygen is just as valuable to your compost as the actual ingredients. Shredding your garden waste will allow air into the mix.
- A good compost can take 3-6 months to mature, so if you start this autumn, then it should be ready by spring or early summer.
- Shredding your garden waste and spreading it directly onto the surface of the soil provides a layer of protection, insulating against extreme weather.
- The GHE 150 electric shredder will shred materials up to 35mm in diameter. This will cover the vast majority of your garden waste.
For more information, head to