Spring into Action
Story: Spring into Action
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 28 August 2021
With spring in the air, plants are growing and flowering. Unfortunately, insects are out in full force, so you’ll want to take care of them before they come after your plants!
- Some insects are proven plant pests, sucking sap, chewing leaves and causing serious damage to the garden. Common offenders include Scale, Aphids, Whitefly, Mealy Bug, Spider Mites and Leaf Miners.
- It is important to control pest insects in a safe and environmentally friendly way – Seasol have released a new Earthcare range, with the Enviro Pest Oil Insect Spray doing just that.
- Enviro Pest Oil is an Australian Certified Organic paraffin pest oil with extra UV absorber to increase its UV effectiveness to more than 98% - this is safe for the environment, humans and pets.
- The paraffin oil is safe to use – it is used in some laxatives.
- Shake well before use, and while in use. Spray on the whole leaf, including the underside, until it runs off the leaf.
- Make sure you only target pest insects – avoid beneficial insects such as lady bugs, lacewings and bees.