Indoor and Patio Plants
Story: Indoor and Patio Plants
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 4 September2021
Indoor and patio plants are a great way to liven your living space, but it’s important to make sure you pick the right plants!
- The popularity of indoor plants has surged in recent years, and with good reason. They improve air quality, reduce stress and help mental focus.
- Big leaved plants, such as the Monstera, look sensational indoors.
- Philodendrons are extremely easy to grow.
- Aloe Vera looks great growing by the window.
- If you’re looking for a plant that’s almost indestructible, try Zanzibar Gem.
- When planting, make sure to use a high quality potting mix, and to freshen up regularly.
- Choose a well-lit position away from sunlight and draughts.
- Keep the leaves clean and dust free – use a damp cloth along the leaves to clean them. Remove old and dead leaves.
- Water sparingly and feed with a good fertiliser, such as Troforte.