Your Soil Improver
Story: Your Soil Improver
Presenter: Sue McDougall
Air Date: 23 October 2021
Gardening is all about soil! focus on the soil and getting it right and the results speak for themselves. Sue demonstrates how she ensures her soil is of the best quality.
- Kangaroo paws are one plant that will take off and flower right through spring and summer, the perfect addition to a community garden, they attract honeyeaters which in turn will feed off any insects in the vegie garden.
- Seasol Biochar with zeolite combines a mix of biocharcoal, seasol, zeolite and paramagnetic rock minerals to improve the soil structure.
- Bio charcoal is a natural way of boosting organic matter and carbon content in the soil and increasing the water holding capacity.
- Zeolite attracts and retains nutrients, minimizing leaching and then releases nutrients as the plant needs them.
- The rock minerals deliver nutrients slowly over time and the added seasol builds up the plants' resistance to disease.
- Seasol Biochar can be applied to established lawns and garden beds at any time of the year or mixed with potting mix for pots and planters.
For more information, head to: