Raised Garden Beds
Story: Raised Garden Beds
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
Air Date: 23 October 2021
If you are new to gardening or an avid gardener and love growing an assortment of plants, but lack the space. Bonnie shows us her solution by building an easy to assemble irrigation system for raised garden beds.
- The Holman Raised Garden Bed is quick to set up and doesn’t require any screws or bolts. The system is designed to simply slide and lock into place with as many modules as you like.
- This bed is 1.2 metres with a 30cm depth which is perfect for growing an assortment of different produce and flowers.
- The bed can be placed directly onto pavers, concrete, or on the grass with a weed matt at the base to stop any pesky grass from coming through. If you are growing produce, make sure to put it in a nice sunny spot.
- Once you have your garden bed set up, next is the irrigation. Use an automated drip system or water emitters. This will help keep your plants hydrated in Summer.
- Poly pipe is a great all-rounder as it is good for below and above-ground irrigation, minimizing water wastage and is made from 100% recycled mulch film used in agriculture.
- Simply cut the poly pipe to the lengths you need, add your drippers and connectors. This irrigation system is fully customisable so you can get the perfect fit every time.
For more information, head to: