Herb Story Deck Planters – Tea Herbs
Story: Herb Story Deck Planters – Tea Herbs
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 13 November 2021
Many of us don’t have the luxury of large garden beds. Trevor creates some combination planters that are good for your health and look great on a deck, balcony or courtyard.
- To create a herbal tea planter, select a variety of herbs to grow. Choose herbs that have various health benefits and are super hardy.
- Select a deep pot, perhaps something stylish, and choose a good quality potting mix, such as Scott’s Osmicote Premium Potting Mix.
- When selecting plants, ensure the roots are white and not overly packed into the pot.
- Mints have all sorts of benefits but fundamentally they are a cleanser, and simply adding them into hot water and letting them steep, leaves you feeling refreshed and healthy
- Bergamot is believed to help reduce the bad cholesterol in your blood
- Brahmi, the ancient Indian memory herb contains powerful antioxidants and Chamomile the German type, helps reduce hypertension.
- Swan Valley Nursery's range of herbs grow best in pots with good potting mix and placed in full sun, so well.
- The key is always to water! Make sure you water by hand daily when temperatures average above 25C and harvest as much as you can.
For more information, head to: