Collectors’ Plant Fair
Story: Collectors’ Plant Fair
Episode: Episode 11
Presenter: Linda Ross
Air Date: 7th May 2022
- Collectors’ Plant Fair is the largest plant fair in Australia and is in its 17th year.
- The collectors plant fair attracts 12,000 people over one weekend and is quite simply one of the most authentic events on the gardening calendar.
- The secret garden and nurses which is a not for profit community garden and nursery, which is set up at the Western Sydney University in Richmond.
- The focus of the garden is to draw different types of community groups, all abilities and all walks of life together in a welcoming environment.
- Linda Ross and Daniel Wheatley have taken the tiller to steer the plant fair into the future. They have an unflagging enthusiasm for plants, plant growers, gardeners and gardening in general.
- The fair quickly outgrew its first home in the grounds of founder Peta Trehar’s property in Bilpin.
- For the past seven years the event has been held at the Hawkesbury Race Club in Clarendon, allowing more specialist nurseries to showcase their plants, and more gardeners to find them.
- They are thrilled to announce that over 100 specialist plant growers and garden related stallholders collide over one weekend in autumn, within the historic grounds of the Hawkesbury Race Club.
For more information, please visit: