Story Title: Potted Inspirations
Date: 27th March 2010
Presenter: Matt Leacy
Matt Leacy shows what pots to use in different situations to create amazing effect and colour contrast.
- Whenever potting a plant, preparation is most important. Line pot with a good draining material like gravel, then layer with a filter fabric, and add certified good quality potting mix.
- A round rimmed weathered pot with ocean rock is perfect for a pointed type plant e.g. Foxtail Agave. It can be featured on its own or placed in the garden with surrounding plants.
- An indoor fibreglass cylindrical pot would suit a tall and bulk foliage type plant like the Ficus Lyrata (Fiddle Leaf Fig), to enhance the shape and smoothness.
- Although you can't put a square peg in a round hole, you can put a round plant in a square pot. Square pots are ideal for Topiary type plants. Do not fertilise topiary plants until you have trained it to the desired shape. The more you trim the denser the plant becomes.
- A soil wetter is the best way to get water to penetrate a hard to wet soil.
- Seasol Super Soil Wetter and Conditioner is the only wetting agent that is boosted with Seasol and really potent liquid composts - so it is also a fantastic soil conditioner.
- Unlike most wetting agents - Seasol Super Soil Wetter and Conditioner also contains a water retention agent to help hold the moisture within the soil profile.
Seasol International Pty Ltd
(PO Box 160)1027 Mountain Hwy
Bayswater VIC 3153
Telephone: +61 3 9729 6511
Facsimile: +61 3 9720 4792
Freecall: 1800 335 508
Thanks to Décor Garden for supplying the pots.
Topez Pot Warehouse
Display Centre and Corporate Showroom
16 Mornington – Tyabb Rd
Tyabb, Vic 3913
5 / 308 Kororoit Creek Rd
Williamstown Vic 3016
Ph. +61 3 9397 6644
Fax +61 3 9397 6544
Thanks to Four Seasons Nursery and Garden Centre for supplying the plants.
Four Seasons Nursery and Garden Centre
200 Forest Way
Belrose NSW 2085
Telephone 02 9450 1606