Spring Cleaning Outside the Home
Title: Spring Cleaning Outside the Home
Broadcast: 19th September 2015
Presenter: Calinda Anderson
Spring is a great time to clear access to your water meter, which helps our meter readers to obtain a reading efficiently and safely.
- When doing so, make sure a space of 300mm on both sides and 1200mm above your meter is clear of obstructions such as plants, leaves, paving or decking.
- If you can’t obtain a reading, we will ask you to remove the obstruction to avoid us having to remove it at your cost.
- While you’re there, why not read your meter to check for leaks. Take a reading at your water meter before and after a 2 hour period when no water is being used. If the reading changes, there may be a leak. If a leak is suspected contact a licensed Waterwise Plumber.
- Find out how to read your meter at https://www.watercorporation.com.au/my-account/reading-your-meter
- Your overflow relief gully (which is a drain-like fitting outside your home) is designed to release wastewater outside your property. It’s important that your overflow relief gully is not obstructed by any landscaping, garden beds or pot plants as this may stop it from functioning properly and result in a wastewater overflow inside your home.
- For more information visit watercorporation.com.au/happydrains
Water Corporation: Contact - 13 10 39
Waterwise Plumber- https://www.watercorporation.com.au/save-water/find-a-waterwise-specialist
AS SEEN ON