Timers and Sensors
Story Title: Timers and Sensors
Date: 6th November 2010
Presenter: Neville Passmore
The thing you'll appreciate most about this clever Holman Australian designed technology; is that you don't have to wake up at dawn to turn a tap on.
A range of Holman indoor and outdoor controllers
- At the basic end this tap timer requires just three steps to program.
- 1) Dial the length of time you want the sprinklers to run,
- 2) Then the interval between watering
- 3) Press enter…job done.
- This sort of controller cost under $30 so its simple and affordable.
- Instructions are printed on this permanent tag that hangs around the neck of the unit, always ready when you need them.
- You can connect a tap controller to a dripline pipe and irrigate a courtyard, a vegetable patch or a long garden bed.
- There are both indoor and outdoor models and these connect by wire to solenoid valves which open and close in response to a low voltage pulse of electricity.
- There is a number of levels of sophistication available which for example allows you to ration your watering by cutting back the duration by say 10% and you can observe the results.
Address: 463 Scarborough Beach Road.
Osborne Park. Western Australia 6017.
Phone: +61 8 9204 1011
Fax: +61 8 9204 1013