Title: Eko deck
The transformation continues at Melissa’s house with the installation of a deck. A focal point of the garden, it will be perfect for entertaining family and friends. Even more perfect is its fabrication and construction-made from 90% bamboo and recycled plastics, Eko deck from Ekologixis a hardwearing, long lasting, eco-friendly alternative to traditional wooden decking.
- Eko deck is designed to look and feel like timber, so you would never know the difference. Mel has used Dark Brown for her design, but it comes in a whole variety of colours. She has also used a nice wide board – which is ideal for bigger jobs because it goes down quicker and doesn’t look as busy - but you can get it in different sizes depending on the job you’re doing – even slimmer screening sizes.
- It’s really versatile – so you can get a bit creative with it and use it to create other garden features like bench seats.
- Instillation works in much the same way at timber; no special tools are required just pre-drill and screw.
- Make sure you gap it properly - like all timber decks it’ll expand and contract in the sun.
- It comes in long straight lengths – each one is 5.4 metres – so you can achieve long clean lines.
- The real advantage with using this type of decking is just how low maintenance it is; it never requires oiling or painting. Because it’s UV stabilized it maintains that great colour without regular upkeep. It has got the strength of Bamboo and the durability of plastic.
- It’s weather resistant – it won’t splinter and twist after a few years without treatment in the sun and comes with a certified anti-slip rating.
- Eko Deck is also termite, rot and mould resistant.