Theo's Pizza - Chicken Satay
Date: 30th May 2009. 31st May in WA.
Story: Theo's Pizza - Chicken Satay
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Trevor revisits master pizza chef, Theo Kalogeracos who shows us his secret ingredient for a mouth watering 'Chicken Satay Pizza?' sure to be a big hit.
- Vegeta Chicken Stock Powder is a quick and simple solution for creating a number of delicious meals. This is because it has been created with thoughtful selection of only the finest ingredients.
- Brings out the aroma and adds full, rich flavor to any meal, while not overpowering the natural flavours of other ingredients.
- You can use it in stir fries, casseroles, risotto's or sauces by adding directly to meals a few minutes before the end of cooking, or it can be sprinkled over chips and roasted vegetables.
- Simply sprinkle on meats prior to barbecuing, frying or baking, add to sauce or gravy or mix 1 teaspoon (3 g) with 1 cup (250 ml) of hot water and use as a soup base or liquid stock for other meals.
Chicken Satay Pizza Recipe
- 1 kg strong baker?s flour (i.e. plain flour with the highest protein level available).
- 10g salt.
- 10g sugar.
- 20g dry yeast or 40g fresh yeast.
- 660ml cold water.
- Mix all dry ingredients together and create a well in the centre.
- Carefully pour 600mL of water into the well and gradually incorporate the wet and dry ingredients by gently moving the water into flour mixture.
- The remaining 60ml of water is only added if necessary and this depends on the nature of the flour.
- Knead the dough for approximately 10min to achieve a smooth ball.
Chicken Satay Pizza
- 3 tablespoons Satay Sauce (you can purchase this at the supermarket).
- 200g Basic Pizza Dough, rolled and ready.
- 40g button mushrooms, sliced.
- 90g mozzarella, grated.
- 45g roasted chicken, diced.
- A sprinkle of Vegeta Chicken Stock Powder.
- 40g green capsicum, thinly sliced.
- 55g white onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves, finely chopped.
- 1 tablespoon roasted unsalted cashews, crushed.
- ? red chili, finely sliced.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius for 25minutes.
- Spread satay sauce evenly over the pizza base, leaving the outer edge sauce-free.
- Scatter button mushrooms on top of the sauce and spread grated mozzarella evenly over the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle Vegeta Chicken Stock Powder on the chicken and then cook the chicken.
- Place diced chicken evenly around the pizza and top with capsicum and onion.
- Cook for seven to 10 minutes at 250 degrees Celsius.
- Remove from the oven and cut into slices. Garnish with chili, chopped coriander and cashews before serving.
For a free Vegeta recipe book call 1800 VEGETA or email them: email@example.com
Little Caesars Pizzeria
Shop 7, 7125 Great Eastern Highway
Mundaring WA 6073
Telephone: 08 9295 6611