Tathra Homestead: Organic Olive Oil
Story Title: Tathra Homestead: Organic Olive Oil
Broadcast Date: 26th October 2013
Presenter: Kim Syrus
South Australia's Barossa Valley is world renowned for its quality wines especially its full bodied reds, but that's not all that's grows superbly around here.
Delicious Olive Oil
- Outside the small, South Australian county town of Kapunda, you'll find the remarkable 66 acres of Tathra Homestead run by the Darmody family. Remarkable not only for its breath taking location, but for the unique olive oil it produces
- Australian olive oil is different to imported olive oil as it has fresher flavour
- Olive oil It's best consumed within three months after opening, and it's wise to check the harvest or use-by date on the bottle. Even the best olive oil should be kept no longer than two years
- Unlike wine, olive oil does not improve with age and deteriorates quickly when exposed to sunlight, heat and oxygen.
- To get find out more about Tathra Homestead and to support your local growers visit the Farmhouse Direct website