Decorating the table for Mother's Day
Story Title: Decorating the table for Mother's Day
Date: May 8th 2010
Presenter: Matt Leacy
Matt shows how to set up the table stylishly for entertaining this Mother's Day.
- If you look around most gardens you will find foliage that can be cut and used as a dried arrangement - look for striking bold or structural foliage with interesting colour and textures.
- When choosing containers:
- Egg shaped pots need some colour with some rounded squat like foliage that will go well and compliment the shape of the bowl.
- Tall Zig Zag square container needs more upright and elongated plant shape to accentuate it and give it a little more dominance in the center of the table.
- To get the leaves to sit where you want them you can try your luck with just placing them in the container and trying to arrange them which should be fine for the long pots – but for the more opened top pots you may want to add some sand about a third to half the way up the container. This will give you a bit more control with your placement, after that you can start positioning the branch or stem into the sand at the desired depth. Depending on the style of garden you are in try and find something to spread around your bowl like some flowers, or place under the bowls a couple of palm fronds.
A special thank you to:
- The Buddha Belly Restaurant for their stunning garden location.
- Gazebo Direct for assisting with the shoot on the day.
- Palmland for donating plants.
- Northcote Pottery for supplying the pots. For more information on pots click here.
The Buddha Belly Restaurant
Address: 327 Mona Vale Rd, Terrey Hills NSW 2084
Phone: (02) 9450 1504
Address: 18 Myoora Rd, Terrey Hills NSW 2084
Phone: 02 9986 3802