Growing Plants Hydroponically
Story Title: Growing Plants Hydroponically
Date: April 10th 2010
Presenter: Brooke Stanway
Brooke gives us a few tips on how and why to grow plants hydroponically. Hydroponic gardening is the growing of plants in water instead of soil.
- Most hydroponic gardens are less work than soil gardens because there is no digging or weeding.
- By eliminating soil in a garden you also eliminate the chance of nematodes and soil borne diseases.
- You can purchase a duel pot starter kit from your local hydroponic specialist that will cost around $108. This includes 2 pots, their tray, a gravity fed tank, potting media to suspend the plants roots, nutrients and the plumbing needed to attach it all together.
- Once you have your starter kit, purchase the plants you want to grow and then you are ready to start.
- Hydroponic hanging baskets and window boxes are also a great idea for those of you who are short on garden space or live in an apartment.
- Hydroponic gardening enables you to plant earlier and your yield will last longer.
- The best thing about Hydroponic gardening is the large yields you receive from such a small pot.
- Visit www.autopot.com.au for all the information you need, including suppliers throughout Australia.
A special thanks to Gardenworld and Garden Smart Hydroponics for supplying the products.
Gardenworld, 810 Springvale Rd,
Braeside (Melbourne), Vic, 3195
Phone: (03) 97018811
Email: sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical enquiries: email@example.com