Story Title: Turf Makeover
Date: 11 December 2010
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
When planting a new garden anywhere in Australia, we have to think about the future of our environment. Naturally, turf is an important consideration; the wrong grass could not only be a water guzzler costing you more money but also be very high in maintenance.
Whilst there are a lot of grass varieties out there Trevor features a landscaper's favourite that looks like being a superstar grass for the typical Aussie backyard.
- Village Green has a very efficient root system, which means you enjoy a green lawn with less watering and fertilising compared to most other lawn varieties.
- Within five days of laying, Village Green will start sending down roots and will be well established within weeks. Quick establishment saves water and delivers a better result.
- Village Green is a lawn with attitude. It not only looks great and is soft to touch but is tough enough to handle heavy wear from kids, dogs and cars.
- Village Green's dense cover stops weeds from intruding and eliminates the need to use chemical sprays.
- Unlike other varieties like buffalo and couch lawns, Village Green is winter active, which means it maintains a wonderful deep green colour all year round.