Story Title: Plant Nutrition
Broadcast Date: 9/3/2014
Presenter: Kim Syrus
It is a sometimes overlooked element in the garden, but soil is, in fact, one of the most important parts of a healthy and productive crop. Australia has some of the oldest soil going around, and unfortunately this can mean a decline in available microbes and nutrients for your plants. Always keen to find a solution to any gardening problem, Kim gives his garden a good helping of a new Aussie fertilizing invention; Troforte M, which simultaneously provides plants with both the nutrients and microbes they need to stay healthy and productive.
- Most plants grow and source their nutrients from the ‘top soil’-the top layer of soil in your garden
- Organic matter is an important part of improving the health and vitality of any soil-you can get this from your home compost bin!
- Microbes are the key to turning nutrients held in organic matter into plant-ready food-without microbes, plants wouldn’t grow!
- Langley fertilizers have spent 15 years creating Troforte M- it contains 60 essential minerals and 24 beneficial strains of Australian cultured microbes and together these elements work to create a balanced soil.
- The roles of the microbes in Troforte M are wide and varying- some fix nitrogen from the air and deliver it to plants, while others gobble up organic matter.
- Each helping of Troforte M helps reduce soil borne disease and increases plant resistance to drought.