Looking Glass Gardens (Bay of Plenty)
Title: Looking Glass Gardens (Bay of Plenty)
Broadcast: 4 October
The Bay of Plenty aptly named as it is home to the Kiwi fruit industry, an incredible food culture and more of NZ;’s famous landscape beauty.
- The area is home to some of New Zealand’s most beautiful gardens, the Looking Glass Gardens.
- You can experience the Garden and Art Festival here on the 17th to the 23rd of November.
- The area is famous for its garden art and not only do you get to walk, talk with and meet the gardens owners, designers and creators but you also get some incredible insights into the artists minds and they share how they create the artworks they produce.
- Looking Glass Gardens is open to the public and was developed by Gael and Cedric Blaymires from bland difficult terrain.
- Over 32 years it has transformed a majestic multi dimensional garden designed to have seasonally changing palettes of colour and texture.
- The Garden is eleveated and requires a certain level of fitness, its situated 200m above sea level, nestled in the Papamoa Hills overlooking Te Puke.
- The high point of the garden is nearly 100m above the Peter Pan Pond to the top of the stairway to heaven, and whilst the climb to the top maybe hell for the leg muscles the scenery from the top is well worth the effort.