Slowing the Ageing Process Down Naturally
Story Title: Slowing the Ageing Process Down Naturally
Date: March 20th 2010.
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Scientists are scouring the greenery of the planet looking at the plant hormones that have health benefits for people; it's widely believed that the majority of common ailments and many very serious ones can be cured simply by adding certain plants into our diets.
- Goji fruit is rich in antioxidants called polysaccharides which are believed to slow the oxidation of cells in the body reducing the rate of aging. The fruit is well known to be a rich source of nutrients essential to good health and because the plant is easy to grow why wouldn't you grow your own at home; a plant costs less than $20.00 and produces many kilo's of fruit a year.
- The goji originates from Tibet and the locals call it the happy berry because it gives you a happy lift and sense of well being. It is considered the number 1 anti aging food in the world at the moment.
- Coriander reduces the aging effect on skin and your major organs.
- Coriander is a simple enough to grow herb and picking up a renaissance pot every 3 to 4 weeks will keep you in a never ending supply as the plants grow quickly and produce huge amounts of foliage, seed and even roots are suitable for cooking purposes.
- There are quite few skin care products using essence of coriander available but growing your own fresh plants and using the foliage and seeds in soups or as a garnish to flavour to meals such as oily fish like mackerel is said to be sensational for your health.