Growing Orchids at Home
Title: Growing Orchids at Home
Broadcast Date: 6/4/14
Ever thought you’d love to have some beautiful orchids of your own, but have been to scared to attempt to grow them? Now the time is to embrace your inner-gardener and try your hand at this beautiful, versatile plant. Trevor debunks Orchard growing myths and shows you how easy it can really be.
- Phaelanopsis or Moth orchids are fast becoming the hottest trendiest indoor plant around, and when they finish flowering, stand back because they will just flower again and again, and again!
- The trick to growing orchids is using a free draining specialized soil
- Many orchid growers once made their own soil, mixing coarse composted ingredients with controlled release plant food, thankfully you don't have to worry about that these days.. Scotts did all the hard work with their Osmocote Orchid potting mix.
- Cymbidium orchids are fantastic but sometimes they don’t flower on the first flush-this can be because of where they are placed, and if yours is not in flower right now you have to act.
- Now is the time to act if your orchids are not performing, and even if they are coming into flower, get them into an attractive pot and bring them indoors, it will brighten up any household.