Swing into Winter
Story Title: Swing into Winter
Date: May 8th 2010
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
As the temperature starts to drop and winter draws near, prepare yourself for cosy times in front of the fireplace. Trevor shares the best techniques for cutting wood.
- Designed by the Finnish tool specialists Fiskars their axes and block splitters have been designed using age old thinking and some modern innovation to be easier to use and more effective.
- Axes are traditionally heavy. Fiskars use nyglass, a resin and plastic material that's almost indestructible. It's tougher than wood and it doesn't splinter like timber can sometimes.
- The key to using an axe is having control over the axe and its trajectory. If you can target it right your cuts are far more effective. A few tips are to make sure you have a solid base. Try to use a timber round log as it absorbs impact far better than concrete or slabs.
- 25 year warranty. Will not break.
- Look for the range of axes and splitters at Bunnings.
- See the brochure for more details and prices.