The Beauty of Friendship
Story Title: The Beauty of Friendship
Broadcast Date: 31st March 2012
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Delving into the calm tranquility of The Chinese Garden of Friendship, Trevor shows you a piece of paradise in the middle of busy Sydney.
Facts about The Chinese Garden of Friendship
- The water pavilion of the fragrant lotus is a beautiful place to get a full panoramic view of what the garden has to offer.
- In ancient China the water pavilion is where all business dealings took place.
- Golden carp are a stand out feature of the water pavilion.
- The bamboo forest is a tranquil area of reflection. In ancient times poets, painters, scholars and artists would frequent the bamboo forests for inspiration.
- After a day of exploring the gardens take some time out in the tea house to experience traditional Chinese tea and delicious Chinese delicacies.
Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority
PO Box N408
Grosvenor Place NSW, 1220
T: (02) 9240 8500