Lighting Up Your Deck
Story: Lighting Up Your Deck
Presenter: Sue McDougall
Air Date: 24th October 2020
Deck lighting can completely transform the look and feel of your outdoor area.
- Holman offers DIY kits that make installing deck lighting quick and easy.
- Remember that different colours will have different effects in the garden. White lights will produce the most natural effect and highlight the different colours in your garden.
- Red lights will cause your plants to appear brown and green lights will accentuate their colours but not in a natural way.
- Blue lights will give your garden a mysterious, tropical feel.
- Holman’s RGB Colour Wi-Fi deck lights kit is a plug and play system. Everything you need for the lights is in the box.
- The lights come in 2 different sizes: 30mm and 40mm. They are waterproof and will withstand the sun, rain, wind, cold and heat.
- They’re 12V, so anyone can install them, and they can be placed a maximum of 1.8m apart.
- The lights join together using a simple plug and socket system. You just drill your hole, push the cable through, put the light in and join them up behind.
- Using the Wi-Fi controller, you can adjust the colour, intensity and pattern of your lights.
- You can set a timer to turn your lights on and off, or you can do it manually from the Holman Home app.
- Blue is said to attract insects, so keeping the lights at the far end on blue will draw them away from where you are sitting.
For more information, head to