Story: Calming Herbs
Presenter: Sue McDougall
Air Date: 28th November 2020
This year has been a stressful one for many people, making it a good time to create a planter full of herbs with calming effects.
- Lavender is one of the best calming, anti-stress plants that there is.
- Lavender Avonview has long flowering time, so you’ll have flowers right through summer.
- Chamomile is known for its ability to help with relaxation, improve sleep and aid digestion.
- It has soft foliage with white flowers, which can be harvested and air dried to make chamomile tea.
- Lemon balm is a vigorous herb that will thrive through the warm months. It’s perfect for inducing calmness and easing stress.
- It can be consumed as a tea by steeping the leaves in hot water. It also tastes fantastic when used in vanilla ice-cream.
For more information, head to