DIY Wedding Bouquets
Story: DIY Wedding Bouquets
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
Air Date: 23 October 2021
Bonnie visits The Big Bouquet Flower Farm to learn how to create her very own flower arrangement for her big day!
- The Big Bouquet Flower Farm is a family-run business nestled in the heart of Healesville, in the Yarra Valley where over 62,000 Gerbera flowers are grown.
- Natalie and Sander started the journey here 7 years ago on the farm, which was established in 1995.
- The first step in the process of creating a bouquet is to think about personal choice. It’s important to get what you love, whether that be a specific flower or colour scheme.
- The second step is to harvest the flowers. At The Big Bouquet Flower, they look at the stamens of the flower to gauge its ripeness.
- Foliage is great for creating texture and depth in a bouquet. This aids in making the key flowers shine.
- When assembling the bouquet, begin with the foliage. This acts as a base for you to work from.
- Always strip the leaves that will sit below the waterline. This aids in reducing bacteria buildup.