Story: Surviving Summer
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 4 December 2021
The Summer heat can take a huge toll on our gardens. Nige shows us how to best protect our gardens against the stresses of heat.
- Wetting agents help attract and keep water in the soil.
- Some wetting agents also have soil improvers and compost included for added benefits.
- Mulch is excellent as an insulation layer against water loss through evaporation as well as protecting the soil against heat.
- Keep an eye on the forecast for temperature spikes or sustained hot periods. Potted plants can be moved to a more protected position in the shade.
- On extremely hot days cover ground plants with shade cloth.
- Due to its powerful growth stimulants, Seasol can create tougher, healthier plants that are more resilient to heat and drought.
- Fortnightly applications of Seasol throughout the year improve plant health and vigour.
- Calcium contained in Seasol builds stronger cell walls to help handle heat and drought stress.
- Apply using concentrate mixed with water in a watering can. Or use the hose-on spray, already mixed, to attach to your hose.
For more information, head to:
AS SEEN ON