Blue Kangaroo Paw
Story: Blue Kangaroo Paw
Episode: Episode 2
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 5th March 2022
Trevor interviews the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects, Digby Growns, at the conservation centre, speaking about the new blue kangaroo paw release.
- Kings Park Botanic Garden introduces everyone to the beauty of a unique Biosphere.
- Kings Park is considered one of the world's biodiversity hot spots. 12,000 plus plant species you'll find nowhere else on the planet.
- Digby and his team are developing species to a new level to allow everyone to grow these unique plants in our gardens.
- Digby and his team started in 2007 to breed disease tolerance into smaller growing and group paws.
- Digby and his team created a lot of complex parents, and now they are getting a great ray of colours.
- Releases of Masquerade Kangaroo Paw.
- Western Australia & New South Wales – March.
- Victoria & South Australia – April.
- Queensland & Tasmania – May.
- Recommendations of care:
- Planting in the ground: Grows very well. Just give it a bit of open space.
- In Autumn, chop it back to ground level, which will provide you with many years of growth.
- Another way of growing is by putting it into a container.